Re: [atomic-devel] Can we use CentOS Atomic ostree-rpm in offline/local upgrade mode?

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 10:49 AM, Joe Smithian wrote:
Hello,

I am interested in using CentOS atomic for its virtualization, softwsre upgrade and roll back support and few other nice features. I am wondering if we can use ostree-rm in offline/local mode to upgrade OS with NO online access.

You can have the new commit in a repo that's pulled as a file:// URI , but it entails duplicating all of the content unfortunately.   This is somewhat similar to just `rpm -Uvh /path/to/updates*.rpm`, where all of the RPMs are in that set.

We've been working on "static deltas" for a while which both increase online update efficiency and make it easier to have an offline "go from A to B" as a set of files.

Based on that there is work on a "single file" delta https://github.com/GNOME/ostree/pull/139 which could be enhanced further to be a single file delta.