Re: [atomic-devel] PXE boot/install using root=live:http// tries to mount NFS

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 10:41 PM, Mark Lamourine <markllama gmail com> wrote:
> I'm working on a custom build of Atomic on F23 beta using the fedora atomic
> configuration repo here:
>
> ssh://markllama git fedorahosted org/git/fedora-atomic.git
>
> I'm using rpm-ostree-toolbox treecompose and then installer to generate the
> bootable components.
>
> When I pxe boot using images/images/pxeboot/{vmlinuz,initrd.img} and specify
> on the kernel cmdline to use root=live:http://.... sysroot fails to mount.
>
> The target of the URL is a copy of the images/images/install.img squashfs
> file.
>
> The URL is resolvable and I can download it to /tmp when in dracut.  I can
> also mount it -o loop,ro and I can see the LiveOS directory inside which
> appears to conform to the root=live convention.
>
> It appears that only the NFS mount components are present and/or that the
> root=live:http// input is not handled.  The sysroot.mount target attempts to
> mount the full URL as NFS and obviously fails.
>
> Should this work?

Could it be that your initramfs is missing the dmsquash-live module?
IIRC it is not part of the default initramfs.

cat > /etc/dracut.conf.d/foo.conf <<EOF
add_dracutmodules+=" dmsquash-live "
EOF

And the regenerate the initramfs using dracut -f

- fabian