Re: [atomic-devel] Proposal for default qcow2 image virtual size 10G instead of 6G

Use this config

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~cloud-init-dev/cloud-init/trunk/view/head:/doc/examples/cloud-config-growpart.txt

Like those steps

https://rwmj.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/creating-a-cloud-init-config-disk-for-non-cloud-boots/

But I got your point, maybe the reason is that in non-qcow2 the image would not be sparse

And also even in qcow2 during the build it will allocate the whole size (including the unsed)

After all it's about just enough os image