Re: [atomic-devel] awesome journald as a fully supported docker log driver got merged.

On 13 September 2015 at 21:39, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh redhat com> wrote:
> https://github.com/docker/docker/pull/13707
>
> Nice work Nalin Dahyabhai
>
> I think we should switch this to the default.  This would give us
> permanent logs of what is going on within a container.
> With the current docker logs driver, when the container gets removed
> from the system, all logging within the container
> also gets removed.

Could that potentially lead to better container log integration into
Cockpit? I'm really appreciating Cockpit as a local container
management tool during development, but an enhancement I would love to
see is having the log for the container appear on the container
details page, rather than having to interpret messages from the main
system log.

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   ncoghlan gmail com   |   Brisbane, Australia