Re: [atomic-devel] Building own Fedora Atomic Host 22

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 04:35:02PM +0530, Sujit Fulse wrote:
>         Even in latest release of Fedora 22 Atomic Host
> https://getfedora.org/cloud/download/atomic.html on
> http://www.projectatomic.io/download/ has used grub2. But i didn't find any
> tool that install grub2 on qcow2 images of fedora atomic host 22. I need
> build script that is used to build Fedora atomic host 22. I have checked
> rpm-ostree-toolbox also. please suggest me, where i am going wrong.

The official Fedora images are built in Koji using ImageFactory,
triggered by this script:

  https://pagure.io/releng/blob/master/f/scripts/build-cloud-images

and using this kickstart:

  https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/spin-kickstarts.git/tree/fedora-cloud-atomic.ks?h=f22

But, note also that we have automatic nightly F22 builds, for example:

  https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/22-20150924/

and we're _working_ on a feature to automatically produce updated
images nightly and release tested versions every two weeks. (See
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Two_Week_Atomic).

But, I realize that "nightly" isn't fast enough for development work.
Jason's repo you linked to has a link to
http://developerblog.redhat.com/2015/01/15/creating-custom-atomic-trees-images-and-installers-part-2/,
which has imagefactory instructions. Those are also from January and
maybe could use an update, but at first glance look right.

--
Matthew Miller            mattdm mattdm org             <http://mattdm.org/>
Fedora Project Leader  mattdm fedoraproject org  <http://fedoraproject.org/>