Re: [atomic-devel] Enabling motd feature

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016, at 02:43 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2016, at 06:36 AM, Kushal Das wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As part of F24 changes, rtnpro worked on the motd[1] change. We need
> > someone to commit on the fedora-atomic side to include the package [2],

One other thing I forgot to mention - not sure if this came up, but one of
the use cases for Fedora is enabling derivative distributions with
different branding, and a lot of effort goes into keeping the truly
Fedora specific things in "fedora-logos" that can be replaced by
"system-logos" or something else.

While technically I don't think it's a problem if "fedora-" is in
the package name for downstream rebranding, it seems like
it'd be a good idea to name it something else - "system-motd"?

Related to this whole topic, there's a lot of potential stuff in this
area.  One thing that might also be good for example is to extract
recent critical log messages from the systemd journal?