Re: [atomic-devel] The atomic command and setting hostname for containers

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 07:11:10AM -0700, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> >Because the labels are no longer shell-processed, AFAIU.
>
> Is there  a different way we could go about doing this?  Can we create the
> container
> during the atomic install, and then just start and stop it using atomic?

We possibly could but I'm not very fond of using docker as the
state-holding mechanism. The whole state of this application container
is in one directory, I now work on verifying patch that would store
the hostname there upon the first run so that we catch mismatches
upon subsequent executions.

It seems as overkill to force people to have the container created
and lingering around, instead of just running a new one when needed,
with the configuration / data from that single directory.

By the way -- how do Kubernetes handle hostnames for their containers,
especially when the container needs a specific FQDN hostname?

--
Jan Pazdziora | adelton at #ipa*, #brno
Sr. Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Special Projects, Red Hat