Re: [atomic-devel] ARM builds?

<snip>
> >     Well, enabling the raspberry Pi would be nice, but not really the main
> >     target.  As fun at the Pis are to play with, I'm a lot more concerned
> >     with enabling folks who want to really build systems, and that means
> >     "real" ARM64.
> >

> > +1, my concern is there have been quite a few requests for the Pi,
> > mainly for the demo/wow factor.
>
> Oh, no question; if we had this, I'd take a pi cluster on the road with me.  But
> let's get things working on real ARM first, and debug the Pi later.

I've been kicking around with AArch64 using Fedora 24 with the goal of building Atomic Host. I have a AArch64 server machine for this. Linaro has an ARM64 developer cloud you too are interested in playing around (let me know if I can help with that). Following F20 instructions [1] it seems that I need 'rpm-ostree-autobuilder', which is my current stumbling block (any suggestions welcome!)

More generally: do folks have a short and medium term plan here?

After briefly chatting with Josh at RH summit, the short term goal is 'build Atomic Host for AArch64'.
Following that, I guess there might be some work to make Atomic Registry 'do the right thing'? And orchestration 'do the right thing'?

Best regards,
Richard

1. http://www.projectatomic.io/blog/2014/04/build-your-own-atomic-host-on-fedora-20/