Re: [atomic-devel] Fedora 26 change: using overlayfs as default

Are the POSIX issues in applications running on overlay mostly resolved now?  I.e. if we flipped the default would be reasonably able to support a diverse range of Linux workloads without the risk that previously existed?

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh redhat com> wrote:

On 12/12/2016 05:53 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 12/12/2016 02:24 PM, Dusty Mabe wrote:
>
>> I think the rationale is that we'd like to not have a much different
>> experience whether you are using docker on atomic host or not. My
>> thoughts are that overlay is where we want to be in the future and
>> Fedora is the first place we should try that out.
>>
>> DM would still be supported via configuration of docker-storage-setup,
>> just like overlay is supported today in the same way.
> I'd the impression from the Docker hackers that overlayfs was their
> future platform.

Docker is moving to a default of Overlay2, I think we should follow this
lead.