Re: [atomic-devel] Reducing the footprint of the Fedora docker base image

On 02/10/2016 12:42 PM, Clayton Coleman wrote:
Removing dnf would break most people who depend on fedora base images,
since installing new packages is the reason people depend on the
fedora base image.  Creating a fedora base image would dnf is
interesting as a side project (fedora-minimal?) but I doubt would ever
see wide use in the community, because it would double or triple the
amount of work someone has to do to actually use the image.  It would
appear to the user as if the fedora image is broken with very little
explanation, and not fit the common use people have for OS base
images.

Well, we can do without DNF and RPM for OStree-built images, no?

Josh Berkus
Project Atomic
Red Hat OSAS