Re: [atomic-devel] Exposing Pods to external network

regarding type=NodePort the docs say

If you set the type field to "NodePort", the Kubernetes master will allocate a port from a flag-configured range (default: 30000-32767), and each Node will proxy that port (the same port number on every Node) into your Service. That port will be reported in your Service’s spec.ports[*].nodePort field.

so you either specify this number in that range and open NodeIP:NodePort or let it pick random and you query this port from

kubectl desc service XYZ

-----

the other option is keep it type=ClusterIP (the default type) but to specify ExternalIPs, the docs say

In the ServiceSpec, externalIPs can be specified along with any of the ServiceTypes. In the example below, my-service can be accessed by clients on 80.11.12.10:80 (externalIP:port)