Re: [atomic-devel] Doc format?

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Matt Micene <nzwulfin gmail com> wrote:
> One option would be to pick one and then use pandoc to convert as needed, it
> supports conversions between asciidoc, markdown, and reStructuredText.
>
> http://pandoc.org/try/ is an online version, you can paste one of the
> existing PA.io docs into it and see how the conversion looks.  We'd want to
> add a local version to the workflow, not the online.

FWIW, jumping in on this docs thing, I wanted to provide beautiful
looking PDF documentation from markdown sources, without every storing
generated content in git. I also wanted to try out openshiftv2. So I
wrote a little app to do this: https://pdfdoc-purpleidea.rhcloud.com/
You could easily patch it if you wanted it to generate something
different from a pdf. It uses pandoc under the hood.

Example: Go to https://github.com/purpleidea/mgmt and scroll down to
"documentation", and click the PDF link.

HTH,
James