Re: [atomic-devel] Setting a DNS entry

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016, at 06:19 PM, Charlie Drage wrote:
> My meta-data I use this:
>
> instance-id: Atomic02
> local-hostname: atomic-host-002
> network-interfaces: |

I'd recommend against using the cloud-init network-interfaces stanza.  It's
in a messy state of porting against "redhat-initscripts" network configuration
vs NetworkManager (and then against systemd-networkd...).

> I'm forced to use in cloud-config
>
> #cloud-config
> bootcmd:
>  - echo 8.8.8.8  > /etc/resolv.conf

I don't see a serious problem with using `bootcmd`.  The broader role
of cloud-init should just be a bootstrap tool for authentication and such
in order to set up a better systems management tool like Ansible.

> Unfortunatley after a reboot resolv.conf is removed due to network
> manager autogenerating the resolv.conf file.

See https://github.com/openshift/training/issues/193#issuecomment-120496871
for an example of setting dns=none.