Re: [atomic-devel] We have a bugzilla requesting that we change the default CMD to systemd for base images in RHEL

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 10:43:58AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> everything else in the container combined, both in storage space and in
> memory footprint.  If we want to push the idea of having systemd inside
> containers, then we need a new tiny version of systemd designed for
> containers.  And by "tiny" I mean "less than 10MB, with few or no
> dependancies which are liable to create extra update churn".

You mean "10MB for the base container", right? Current systemd in
Fedora is 9.5MB on disk for systemd + systemd-libs (plus another 8.5M
for systemd-udev — thanks Harald and everyone else for splitting that
out!)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm fedoraproject org>