Re: [atomic-devel] ARM builds?

On 08/26/2016 07:58 AM, Richard Henwood wrote:

> After briefly chatting with Josh at RH summit, the short term goal is
> 'build Atomic Host for AArch64'. Following that, I guess there might
> be some work to make Atomic Registry 'do the right thing'? And
> orchestration 'do the right thing'?

So, here's my thoughts on an order of implementation:

1. Get base Atomic Host with a stable ARM port, on either Fedora or CentOS.

2. Get Docker & system containers working in this environment.

3. Get Kubernetes working

4. Get architecture-aware deployment happening

Thing is, each of these stages is useful on its own.  And if we can get
1 & 2 going, I think that additional community help will show up.

Josh Berkus
Project Atomic
Red Hat OSAS