Re: [atomic-devel] Httpd vs. Containers

On 04/21/2017 05:34 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
Folks,

I've been building some containers for our libraries, and I'm noticing
that there's a serious deficiency in the standard Fedora and CentOS
httpd packages for running them in a container, namely:

    httpd doesn't log to journald

Our default packages for httpd still log to /var/log/httpd/  This means
that not only can we not redirect the log output to the host (or
kubernetes), but the container itself will grow indefinitely due to
those log files.

Given that the httpd packages should have been changed when Fedora and
CentOS switched to systemd, I'm guessing that there's something else
holding this back?

What would people suggest is a good way to make our httpd RPMs usable in
containers?

Perhaps we should start using 'mod_journal'?

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_journald.html