Re: [atomic-devel] F25: older versions of cockpit in atomic host

On 01/15/2017 04:03 PM, Dusty Mabe wrote:

> I noticed today when comparing two trees, one from Dec25 and the
> latest one, that the version of cockpit went backwards.
>
> !cockpit-bridge-126-1.fc25.x86_64
> =cockpit-bridge-120-1.fc25.x86_64
> !cockpit-docker-126-1.fc25.x86_64
> =cockpit-docker-120-1.fc25.x86_64
> !cockpit-networkmanager-126-1.fc25.noarch
> =cockpit-networkmanager-120-1.fc25.noarch
> !cockpit-ostree-126-1.fc25.x86_64
> =cockpit-ostree-120-1.fc25.x86_64
> !cockpit-shell-126-1.fc25.noarch
> =cockpit-shell-120-1.fc25.noarch
>
> This is actually because cockpit changed cockpit-shell to cockpit-system [1]
> but we are explicitly including cockpit-shell in our manifest
> [2]. This means that the only version it could find that had
> cockpit-networkmanager and cockpit-shell was the one from fedora 25
> release (not updates).
>
> I'll open an issue to try to come up with ideas on how to prevent this
> type of thing from happening in the future without going noticed.

Ideas for improving our monitoring of changes:

https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/195

PRs that have been merged to fix atomic host manifest for cockpit:

https://pagure.io/fedora-atomic/pull-request/48
https://pagure.io/fedora-atomic/pull-request/49