Re: [atomic-devel] Out-of-tree kernel modules scenario

On 07/25/2017 09:28 PM, Drakonis wrote:
> Hey folks,
> Given the upcoming release of the NVIDIA drivers on the fedora repository and how Atomic Workstation approaches a usable state for the wide public, it seems that the out-of-tree kernel module scenario will become awfully common, thus worth exploring, for example, a NAS server with a ZFS module, graphics drivers for GPUs, developers creating modules.

Hi Victor,

I assume you are asking the question: "I have kernel modules I want
installed on Atomic Workstation, How do I do that?"

I think part of this depends on if the kernel modules need to be embedded
in the initramfs. If not then normal package layering should work:
`rpm-ostree install foo && reboot`.

If so, I think it gets more complicated. Jonathan/Colin may be able to give
you more info on this.

Dusty