Re: [atomic-devel] Having abrt on Atomic Host

> I still see us taking the easy way out and not helping customers third
> parties with examples of how to containerize low level applications,
> just because we can continue to do things the way we always have.
>
> The example of sssd suffering through the pain of containerization and
> others has helped us get better at things like system containers and to
> build knowledge around best practices.  If we had just fallen back on
> traditional RPM installs we would not have gotten that knowledge or
> improved the product.

I've already made my point - but just because we can does not mean we
should.

we need to invest in containers where they make sense. Containising gcc
would be a waste of resources IMO when you can just "yum install" in a
dockerfile of a large service like pgsql (if you wanted to build it
etc).

What's going to give us most return on our effort? SSSD in a container
doesn't attract users, having containerised applications like httpd or
pgsql etc does.

--
Sincerely,

William Brown