Re: [atomic-devel] Specifying multiple ostreesetup for redundancy

On 6/7/17, 12:18 PM, "Dusty Mabe" <dusty dustymabe com> wrote:

        On 06/07/2017 10:05 AM, Britt Houser (bhouser) wrote:
    > Hey all – we’re doing some atomic baremetal installs using kickstart over the network.  We’re hitting a corner case that on a few of our servers, the server bond doesn’t finish negotiating before the ostree is attempted to download.  The result we get it is in the attached screenshot.  By the time I ctl-b,2 and start doing pings/ip route commands, everything works.  So is a very short interval that its trying to pull the ostree and cannot.  I’m wondering if there is a way to specify a number of retries, or perhaps multiple ostrees for the kickstart to try for reduncancy?  Those seems like reasonable things to have, but I’m not finding anything in the docs about it.  Any ideas?
    >
    > Thx,
    > britt

    Hey Britt,

    I imagine you can either specify some network options [1] to get around this or
    there is a bug in anaconda that is causing it to not wait long enough for link
    to be ready.

    You might be able to temporarily work around this by adding the following to your
    kickstart:

    ```
    %pre
    sleep 30
    %end
    ```

    All this does is specify a %pre script that waits 30 seconds.

    Dusty

    [1] https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Installation_Guide/chap-anaconda-boot-options.html

Thanks Dusty – Yeah I added a ping/sleep loop in the %pre and that worked around it.  I was hoping for something more elegant, but it works. =)

Thx,
britt