Re: [atomic-devel] creating qcow2 for proof of concept appliance

On 03/06/2017 03:50 AM, Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
> hi,

hi

> I have an idea to demonstrate (in a blog post, video, ..etc.) the power of os-tree and project atomic, outside the word of production servers
>
> I have two example use cases,
>
> a headless appliance (busybox, simple go http server)
> a graphical wayland application that display animated project atomic logo
>
> we need to demonstrate creations of
>
> * a qcow2 image
> * steps to create custom os-tree repo local/remote repo
> * steps to push an update

So trishna just put out some content recently on how to build an
atomic host. While it's not the official way we do it, this [1]
might be useful to you.

More officially we build an ostree using commands like these [2]
and the files from this [3] repo. Then we create an image using
imagefactory [4] (tutorial here [5]) with the kickstart from [6].

[1] https://fedoramagazine.org/automate-building-fedora-atomic/
[2] https://pagure.io/fedora-atomic/blob/master/f/README.md?text=True#_38-41
[3] https://pagure.io/fedora-atomic
[4] http://imgfac.org/
[5] https://fedoramagazine.org/build-qcow2-fedora-rawhide-images/
[6] https://pagure.io/fedora-kickstarts/blob/master/f/fedora-atomic.ks

> it should have latest fedora kernel
> it should have very minimal system (almost nothing, preferably busybox and static go every thing)

It might be worth chatting to get some more details on your goals and
how best to achive them. I'm @dustymabe in #atomic on Freenode.

> this link might be useful
>
> https://github.com/mikkeloscar/go-wlc
> https://github.com/BurntSushi/go-wayland-simple-shm