Re: [atomic-devel] PXE Booting Diskless Atomic - Failed to start switchroot

Hi Matt,

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017, at 08:50 PM, Matt Jansen wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to use iPXE to boot into a live atomic host.

Basically at the moment we've put work on "live/diskless" AH on hold
because it kind of conflicts with management tools (e.g. Ansible no
longer works persistently), and confuses the release engineering story (because
in case of critical async errata, we'd *always* need to respin
images too instead of just rpm/ostree updates).

But see also http://blog-jkonecny.rhcloud.com/2017/06/16/shining-new-anaconda-modularisation/#comment-3366641149
As well as https://github.com/gbraad/minishift-atomic-iso/issues/1

It's not unlikely we'll pick this back up at some point - most of the
pieces are there to build it, but there'd still be open questions
around e.g. ensuring openshift-ansible does something sensible.