Re: [atomic-devel] Atomic Images for Google Cloud

On 11/06/2017 07:40 PM, Evan Klitzke wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Evan,

I think I caught you in IRC but I'll also respond here.

> I recently found Project Atomic, and I'm really impressed. I'm interested in running atomic hosts on Google Cloud, and stumbled across this GitHub gist by Christoph Görn: https://gist.github.com/goern/d21e5f9bee733a4f30c7 . I was able to follow the instructions and build an image I can use in GCE.

Thanks! Since you are a user of Atomic Host we invite you to hang out in #atomic. We have
a meeting every week too if you're interested: https://apps.fedoraproject.org/calendar/atomic/

For now I'm glad you got it working by following Christoph's instructions.

> Is there anything I can do to help make publishing these images more official somehow? I'd love it if there was a "blessed" Google Cloud image created by Project Atomic available for use. If there are any tasks that I could help with (anything from writing code, to testing, to writing documentation) let me know and I'll see if I can help.

The reason we don't have images in there is probably a combination of legal/ENOTIME. I'll
try to see what I can do to see if we can make any progress on this.

Mostly you can hang around and keep asking for this and help us test when we are able to
get images in there. In the mean time you could be a point of contact for us to make sure
that images we are releasing work fine in GCE. You could also volunteer to write a blog post
for us on how to get our current images converted and running in GCE (like this blog post we
are doing for Azure: https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/364)

There is a really old ticket requesting things get added to GCE: https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/5.
You should be able to follow that.