Re: [atomic-devel] please help us test atomic workstation/host images for f27

On Wed, 2017-11-01 at 22:16 -0400, Dusty Mabe wrote:
> Atomic workstation is included in the normal fedora release process
> and is part of RC 1.7:
>
> https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/compose/27/Fedora-27-20171101.0/co
> mpose/WorkstationOstree/x86_64/iso/Fedora-WorkstationOstree-ostree-
> x86_64-27-1.2.iso

Hey mate,

I've found three issues so far:

1) opensc should be part of the base image as it enables freeipa
smartcard authentication and other related parts to work correctly (I'm
layering it in for now )

2) You can not rpm-ostree install vim:

Applying 68 overlays... error: Checking out vim-common-2:8.0.1187-
1.fc27.x86_64: Hardlinking
c0/679f8a0eefe6ddb91b60afe7ff885aa8ee2b39fea8a0dbf342d7758733a7d8.file
to ex.1.gz: File exists

I believe this is due to a duplicate file in vim-common and vim
packages, but I'd like your insight to this

3) I own a macbook pro, which means it has a broadcom wireless. This
requires firmware that is non-free to be installed. Sadly, the install
procedure is "extract some files to /lib/firmware"

Of course, this doesn't work on atomic because the base system is
readonly. So what would be a good course of action here for firmware
inclusion like this?  I can make an rpm for this at home I think, but
would be great to have this use case sorted a bit.

Hope that helps! Otherwise, it's going really well, install was
painless, and I already have most of my applications working with
flatpak :)

Thanks for all the hardwork!

--
Sincerely,