Re: [atomic-devel] please help us test atomic workstation/host images for f27

you can open an issue/PR here: https://pagure.io/workstation-ostree-config/blob/master/f/fedora-ostree-workstation.json

> 2) You can not rpm-ostree install vim:
>
> Applying 68 overlays... error: Checking out vim-common-2:8.0.1187-
> 1.fc27.x86_64: Hardlinking
> c0/679f8a0eefe6ddb91b60afe7ff885aa8ee2b39fea8a0dbf342d7758733a7d8.file
> to ex.1.gz: File exists
>
> I believe this is due to a duplicate file in vim-common and vim
> packages, but I'd like your insight to this

Yes you are right. I think this will actually be fixed in the first set
of updates provided after we do a release. Since you started with such an
early RC you'll need to update /etc/ostree/remotes.d/*.conf to have:

url=https://dl.fedoraproject.org/ostree/27/

> 3) I own a macbook pro, which means it has a broadcom wireless. This
> requires firmware that is non-free to be installed. Sadly, the install
> procedure is "extract some files to /lib/firmware"
>
> Of course, this doesn't work on atomic because the base system is
> readonly. So what would be a good course of action here for firmware
> inclusion like this?  I can make an rpm for this at home I think, but
> would be great to have this use case sorted a bit.

Does an rpm not exist for it anywhere? Does putting it in /usr/local/lib/firmware/
work?