Re: [atomic-devel] Fedora Atomic Community Meeting Minutes 2018-04-03

Thanks Sinny for running this!! I have some responses to the questions
below (and some suggestions) inline:

On 04/03/2018 02:10 AM, Sinny Kumari wrote:

> #fedora-meeting-1: fedora_atomic_community

Might be good if we named this similar to our other meeting, but with APAC in
the title: #startmeeting fedora_atomic_wg_apac. And then the Subject of this
mail could be "Fedora Atomic WG APAC Meeting Minutes".

> Action Items
> ------------
> * ksinny get answer for "Is there any plan to have a default flatpak
>   repo eventually ? e.g. flathub, maybe on provided by fedora, etc"

I think there is a plan to have a fedora flatpak repo (built from Fedora
RPMs) at some point in the future. For now flathub is the way to go.

> * ksinny get answer for is there any plans to have rpm-ostree handle
>   package groups like DNF does?

See https://github.com/projectatomic/rpm-ostree/issues/744 and then
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/libdnf/pull/135#issuecomment-337822189.

TL;DR rpm-ostree will support it when libdnf does.

> * ksinny get answer to "is there a plan to have a local RPM repo where I
>   can put custom or downloaded rpms for installation with rpm-ostree ?"

I'm not sure what exactly the question is. This operation is very much similar
to how you would do this on a non-Atomic system today.

- - download rpms to local directory
- - run createrepo
- - serve that directory over http(s)
- - add yum repo file into /etc/yum.repos.d/

Now you can rpm-ostree install 'pkg' and it will look at all enabled repos.

> People Present (lines said)
> * ksinny (70)
> * firstyear (68)
> * AdrianCeleste (41)