Re: [atomic-devel] Project Atomic Logo - please comment/vote

On 02/19/2018 07:38 AM, Sanja Bonic wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> TL;DR: Vote on 1 | 2 | 3.
>
> 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eVSN-bU7zNrut_taSRn4M28muIrrn8jm
> 2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WnaH8gLXZY6iqPCRdAob0a41KW4AOnyc
> 3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mRpKPq6UhKf9wjOKhL-sr22DhPYp0Mhx (and https://drive.google.com/open?id=16uejewWmJsUQh2q82J4awKNOskGnjaix and https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BSTwqols4pyhpx4nFhzCvkBlr9jKsr-B)
>
> Note that if we stay on 1 or 2 now, we will have to change at a later point in the future in case we want to introduce FAH and FAW logos (unless someone knows the original designer or knows the original font used and can tell whether it's an open source font).

I like #2 (voted on twitter). The only question is: what do we do for the logo on white backgrounds?

> ----
> I propose a slight logo change keeping the current atom and its differently coloured core while changing the font and atom colour for the following reasons:
>
> 1. The current atom is bright grey on dark grey background with white font and green "Project" font as well as green core. The combination of these colours (light grey on dark grey) is not good for people with visual disabilities as the contrast is too low. In addition, for practical swag-related reasons, I propose having less colours (or more, high-contrast colours and a one-colour version). The current logo on the website:
>
> http://www.projectatomic.io/
> (standing alone: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eVSN-bU7zNrut_taSRn4M28muIrrn8jm)
>
> 2. For one recent swag item I could only order with 1 or 2 colours, I had to change the atom into white, see here:
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WnaH8gLXZY6iqPCRdAob0a41KW4AOnyc
>
> 3. Now, since we were talking about specific logos for FAH and FAW, we will need a font change as well - unless someone knows the original designer and knows the font used in the old logo? The new font used is Overpass which is an open source font.
>
> See example of usage here on the new website which will be in beta to vote and give feedback for a week from the moment it is announced (I am still working on content but am travelling until Wednesday, so please disregard content and content styling). There will be a separate announcement email with GitHub links for change requests via issues and PRs once the community beta officially starts. This email is solely for the logo.
>
> http://new.projectatomic.io/ using https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mRpKPq6UhKf9wjOKhL-sr22DhPYp0Mhx and in the future possibly using https://drive.google.com/open?id=16uejewWmJsUQh2q82J4awKNOskGnjaix and https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BSTwqols4pyhpx4nFhzCvkBlr9jKsr-B where applicable.

It would be great if we had something in the FAH/FAW logos that identified more with fedora. Maybe use the fedora F as the F in FAH and FAW?

https://goo.gl/images/Go7j5H

Dusty