Re: [atomic-devel] Atomic qcow2 image from custom tree

On 03/13/2018 01:11 AM, Clenimar Filemon wrote:
> Hello folks,

Hi!

> I'd like to create a custom qcow2 fedora-atomic image for some scenarios I've been exploring with OpenStack Magnum. I basically need a fedora-atomic image with a few extra packages installed and a few commands executed on its bootstrap so I can compile and install a custom driver.
>
> I've got a custom tree already with the packages I need, and it seems that Anaconda would do the job for the driver compilation/installation steps. I've come across several resources on how to generate custom images from trees, but none of them seem to work (they're a bit old).
>
> Do you have any clue or recommended resource on how to generate those images from a custom tree and how to set up Anaconda to kickstart properly?

I use a script to do this occasionally. You can find the link to the source for that at [1]. I'll try
to put out a blog showing how to use this sometime soon. Generally the steps are

- set location for install media [2]
- pull down kickstart (start with the fedora one [3] and update ostreesetup line [4])
- update variables in script
- run virt-kickstart.sh
- cp qcow somewhere else
- delete vm in libvirt (virsh undefine)