Re: [atomic-devel] (no subject)

Hi Arnaud,

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 7:51 AM, arnaud gaboury
<arnaud gaboury gmail com> wrote:
> I decided to go Fedora Atomic and installed it on one VM. I have now the
> perfect setup for what I want and will now install Atomic with these setup
> to the other VM. What is the best way to clone my current machine and
> install to other? I couldn't find a simple method which would make sens to
> me. I was thinking of using git, but i can't find any guide, so my guess is
> this is not the proper way.

The "canonical" way is to use cloud-init for setting up auth, and then ansible
for configuration. So the first step in your case would be to convert your
customizations to an ansible playbook, and then provisioning is essentially
boot + run playbook. You can then use git to version your playbook. :)

If you'd like to modify the host in fundamental ways (e.g. adding/removing a lot
of base packages), you could also compose your own OSTrees. The Fedora
Atomic Host images are based on the manifest files from here:

https://pagure.io/fedora-atomic

There's no native way right now to just "clone" an existing machine and
duplicate it across VMs. You might have luck with e.g. snapshotting and then
using something like `virt-sysprep`, though I haven't tried it myself with AH.