Re: [atomic-devel] Difference between CentOS/sig-atomic-buildscripts master and downstream?

On Wed, May 30, 2018, 08:36 Kevin Browder <kbrowder gmail com> wrote:
So I'm maintaining a ostree for some EL7 images and have been using the "downstream" version of centos-atomic-host.json and have been for a long while (don't remember why I picked downstream), however I was noticing that the same file on master is pretty different and was wondering why?  Which does stock CentOS7 Atomic pull from?

Stock centos atomic pulls from downstream, "downstream" here means downstream from RHEL atomic.

The master branch is what we use for the centos atomic continuous stream: https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Atomic/Devel -- it includes newer components, built from git on a rolling basis.

I'm mostly interested because virt7-container-common-candidate is on master which looks to have a more recent kubernetes.

Starting with the latest centos atomic release, we're not including kube in the default image anyway, so you can layer on that newer kube by copying the repo into /etc/yum.repos.d and enabling it and using "rpm-ostree install" to install the kube packages.

Thanks
Kevin