Re: [atomic-devel] Automation of Atomic management

On 9/14/18 7:47 AM, Ovidiu Calbajos wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm not really sure if this is the place to ask this question, but
> unfortunately I didn't find anywhere else.
> I've been looking at CentOS atomic and how the atomic part works and I
> find it really cool, but I'm a little bit stuck on how I could actually
> automate some parts. The installation is made using a kickstart file,
> but the programs like kubernetes, flannel, etc is made using manual
> intervention with the help of rpm-ostree. Is there a way to automate
> that? Has anybody using some automation tools on top of Atomic which
> allows to manage the system?

I have used kubespray to create a Kubernetes cluster of CentOS 7 and
CentOS Atomic machines. That didn't require installing any RPMs on the
Atomic systems. Kubespray installed /usr/local/bin/kubelet directly, but
most of the Kubernetes services run as Docker containers. I'm using the
default Calico-based network configuration rather than a Flannel overlay.

https://github.com/kubernetes-incubator/kubespray

--
Jonathan Rogers
Socialserve.com by Emphasys Software