Re: [atomic] New Fedora rawhide installer ISO available

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014, at 07:15 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> how does one build this iso ?

Sorry about the lack of clarity around infrastructure and build
processes.  I'm not sure where to put it.  Maybe a wiki page on Fedora?

The high level picture is Fedora Infra provisioned a dedicated Fedora 20
box.  On that box, I used yum --enablerepo=rawhide to pull lorax from
rawhide.  And it has the
http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/walters/rpm-ostree COPR.

Now I have a git clone of https://github.com/projectatomic/fedora-atomic

There's two steps here.  FIrst we need to compose the tree(s).

$ rpm-ostree-toolbox trivial-autocompose fedora-atomic/autobuilder.json

The "trivial-autocompose" bit is something that I didn't spend too much
time on yet because my original through was it would be driven out of
Koji or Jenkins, that sort of thing.

Once we have the Docker tree composed from packages, in this case called
"fedora-atomic/rawhide/x86_64/server/docker-host", here's my lorax
script:

#!/bin/sh
set -e
set -x
rm output.tmp -rf
mkdir output.tmp
cd output.tmp
lorax --add-template=$(pwd)/../../fedora-atomic/lorax-embed-repo.tmpl
--add-template-var=ostree_repo=/srv/fedora-atomic/repo
--add-template-var=ostree_ref=fedora-atomic/rawhide/x86_64/server/docker-host
-p 'Fedora Docker Host' -v '21' -r rawhide -s
http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/x86_64/os/
-s /srv/fedora-atomic/local-overrides $(pwd)/output 2>&1 | tee out.txt
cd ..
rm output.prev -rf
mv output{,.prev}
mv output.tmp/output output
mv output.tmp/* output
rm output.tmp -rf

That actually generates more than just boot.iso, but the boot.iso is
special as it has the content embedded inside of it via the Lorax
template.