Re: [atomic] New Project Atomic Registry

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 12:21 AM, Justin Garrison <justin garrison disneyanimation com> wrote:

I'm pleased to announce the launch of a new Atomic project, Registry.
This project will provide a more secure, configurable container image
registry based on components from OpenShift Origin and Cockpit.

​The post claims this is an open source project but I see no links to the source code nor a docker image or dockerfile for how the registry is built (only links to collaborated upstream projects).

Justin, I think we're missing a link to the Atomic Registry landing page[1] that addresses some of your questions. Until then...

- Quickstart docker image on Docker hub[2]

Is there a way to run this without atomic, openshift, and cockpit?​ ​The quickstart claims I only need a docker host with storage and ports available and yet I cannot find a way to run it with that configuration.

​You can run the registry without the atomic CLI with these commands[4][5]. Be sure to replace "$IMAGE" with projectatomic/atomic-registry-quickstart. OpenShift and cockpit will be deployed as container services using the quickstart image.

Thanks for the feedback.
​​
I'll
​push an ​
update
​based on this. If you have any more suggestions on how to make this easier let us know.

Online help at #atomic or #cockpit channels on freenode.

​[4] install cmd: sudo docker inspect -f '{{ .Config.Labels.INSTALL }}' projectatomic/atomic-registry-quickstart
[5] run cmd: sudo docker inspect -f '{{ .Config.Labels.RUN }}' projectatomic/atomic-registry-quickstart

-- Justin