Re: [atomic] Kubernetes 1.1

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 08:29:18PM +0100, Andrej van der Zee wrote:
> So even in the next release of CentOS, Atomic V1.1.* will not be supported?
> Thats just not very friendly to your community.
> In CoreOS, one can use channels to switch to newer versions in a matter of
> minutes.
> https://coreos.com/releases/
> Is there a way on CentOS to do upgrade, with a short manual for users not
> very familiar with RHEL?

It sounds like you may be a good candidate for using Fedora Atomic. If
you're interested in following the leading edge of the software that
makes up Atomic, that's where you want to be. A new release just came
out today, and I believe it has Kubernetes 1.1, and I see that we have
1.2.0 alpha1 in testing, so that might be there for the next two week
release.

You can download the image from

  https://getfedora.org/en/cloud/download/atomic.html

You should also be able to switch existing images from the CentOS ref
to the Fedora tree, but I'm not sure offhand of the best/easiest way to
do that.

--
Matthew Miller            mattdm mattdm org             <http://mattdm.org/>
Fedora Project Leader  mattdm fedoraproject org  <http://fedoraproject.org/>