Re: [atomic] Using Atomic Scan on CAH

On 02/02/2017 01:03 PM, Steve Poe wrote:
Micah,

Thank you! That got me a step closer. I originally looked in the blogs
section on the project Atomic site, but I didn't see what you mentioned.

As a test, I downloaded the Centos6 image:
docker.io/centos <http://docker.io/centos>
centos6             8315978ceaaa        3 months ago        195 MB

Ran 'atomic scan 8315978ceaaa' but received  an error:

8315978ceaaa (docker.io/centos:centos6 <http://docker.io/centos:centos6>)
     8315978ceaaa is not supported for this scan.

Yeah, that is a limitation of the 'openscap' scanner right now. Only RHEL-based images are supported, AFAIK.

'atomic scan' allows you to define your own scanner, so you could write/define your own.

https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2016/05/20/creating-a-custom-atomic-scan-plug-in/

There is also a scanner from BlackDuck that seems to work almost out of the box:

https://hub.docker.com/r/blackducksoftware/atomic_scanner/

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 9:30 AM, Micah Abbott <miabbott redhat com