Re: [atomic] deleting all images older than X

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 5:40 PM, Josh Berkus <jberkus redhat com> wrote:
> On 01/11/2017 03:03 PM, Ken Dreyer wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Deleting images from docker-distribution is a rough user experience.
>> The docker-distribution developers have written a long explanation
>> about why this is hard:
>> https://github.com/docker/distribution/blob/master/ROADMAP.md#deletes
>>
>> Does Atomic Registry have any solution to this, or any ways to make this easier?
>>
>> My team and I are looking for a simple way to garbage-collect (delete)
>> all images in our registry that are older than two weeks.
>>
>> - Ken
>>

> I don't know of any particular feature for deleting images; Aaron?

I don't currently have an Atomic Registry up and running so I can't
verify, but I want to offer up something that I found.

According to the atomic-registry docs[0] there's use of the 'oc'
command which is inherited from OpenShift. If the 'oadm' commands are
as well, I suspect the 'oadm prune image'[1] command should satisfy
this requirement.

-AdamM

[0] - http://docs.projectatomic.io/registry/latest/registry_quickstart/developers.html
[1] - https://docs.openshift.org/latest/admin_guide/pruning_resources.html#pruning-images