Re: [atomic] New image releases and image file names

On 23 January 2017 at 02:26, Matthew Miller <mattdm fedoraproject org> wrote:

> We have a long-standing but hopefully soon-to-be-resolved request for
> an image index file. Sounds like this is another ideal use case. Can
> you please add a comment to https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5805?

I've known of that ticket for a while. I've even opened the equivalent
ticket in CentOS:
https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=10730
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2016-April/158788.html

Unfortunately I don't seem to be permitted to comment on it (Either
that or I'm too stupid to find the "comment" button, which is
computationally equivalent ;).

Both tickets did not receive response for a long long time so we
(oVirt infra) eventually "took thinks into our own hands" in oVirt and
made scripts that could deal with whatever is out there (Most D/L
servers have _some_ kind of file index).

We even have plans to solve this issue for everyone by making a
virt-builder index file for our public Glance server:
https://ovirt-jira.atlassian.net/browse/OVIRT-819

But as the Atomic project is not currently maintaining anything that
could be interpreted as an image archive, we cannot work with it. It
is a shame because it used to work fine up until a few months ago.

--
Barak Korren
bkorren redhat com