Re: [atomic] New image releases and image file names

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 11:05:09AM +0200, Barak Korren wrote:
> Since upstream images can update quite often, we've made efforts to
> automate the process of polling the disro download servers for new
> images, and downloading them into Glance.
>
> In order to make images useful for users, we need to know various
> details like which OS version is in the image. Since every distro has
> got its own idea about how to organise the download server and name
> the files in it, we had to resort to regex-matching the image files to
> extract useful details about them.

We have a long-standing but hopefully soon-to-be-resolved request for
an image index file. Sounds like this is another ideal use case. Can
you please add a comment to https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5805?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm fedoraproject org>