Re: [atomic] About partition layout

On 03/14/2017 06:20 AM, Vitor Lobo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I feel that there is a difficulty to understand how does the layout
> design disk partitioning in atomic project. For example, if I want to
> create a partition, isn't informed that the partitioning layout should
> follow the layout of the system Ostree.
>
> The problem is that in the atomic project, there's nothing well
> explained about it.

You should know better than just about anyone else how incomplete the
documentation is.

FWIW, the partitioning of the install is in transition; once we're fully
committed to OverlayFS, it'll just be one big partition.

> Another problem is that the Anaconda, in my opinion, should be optimized
> to this system (just as it is for CentOs) compared to Fedora. No sense
> to work in a system quite light, with a standard distribution procedures
> (we know it's not).
>
> I offer myself to document about it. However, I'm not sure if I
> understood well how to manage, manipulate, assemble the layout via the
> anaconda (only for kickstart).

I'm not following what you're wanting to change?

--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!