Re: [atomic-devel] Workflow within the projects

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014, at 07:10 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'm working to get the atomic builds running in CentOS-7, and a fair few
> bits of code need adapting for local flavour, and was wondering what the
> best work flow might be.

This was the rpm-ostree-toolbox, right?  Did you also derive from the
"fedora-atomic" git repository or create new treefiles?

> What I'd like to do is import the code into git.centos.org and maintain
> + build locally for what we need. What then would be the upstream for
> this ? and how would upstream like to see the content being pushed up ?

Having a separate git repository for the content definition makes sense
to me, although we could also maintain a "centos" (or centos-7) branch
in the fedora-atomic one as well.

If we do branch, I would love to have common discussion on the content
set somewhere.  For example, if we get a lot of feedback that $tool must
be in the host tree, it'd be good to have that done in both Fedora and
other downstreams.