Re: [atomic-devel] Roadmap / tracking for Project Atomic top level

On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 04:58:27PM -0500, Matt Micene wrote:
> Sure, Joe, call me out ;-),  I really don't know what the best way is.
> Trello and the Kanban board things seem more focused on status not capture
> and discussion.  I've looked at a few "roadmap" tools, which seem to be
> just Gantt chart tools that have different output.  The other way would be
> an official Bugzilla / Trac / JIRA or something and do it all in tickets,
> which seems to have a better initial workflow but means another tool,
> logins, etc.  Everything seems to have some missing focus or additional
> overhead that makes me not want to bring it up as a starting point...
> Hence the good not perfect.

Bug trackers are awful for this kind of thing -- there's always a
conflict between the needs of people trying to get status / big picture
infomation out of it and what's useful to people actually working on
it. And the more you compromise the more everyone hates it and doesn't
use it for either and works around it with some other tool.

--
Matthew Miller            mattdm mattdm org             <http://mattdm.org/>
Fedora Project Leader  mattdm fedoraproject org  <http://fedoraproject.org/>