Re: [atomic-devel] Roadmap / tracking for Project Atomic top level

On 12/04/2014 04:58 PM, Matt Micene wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb redhat com> wrote:
> Sure, Joe, call me out ;-),  I really don't know what the best way is.
> Trello and the Kanban board things seem more focused on status not capture
> and discussion.  I've looked at a few "roadmap" tools, which seem to be
> just Gantt chart tools that have different output.  The other way would be
> an official Bugzilla / Trac / JIRA or something and do it all in tickets,
> which seems to have a better initial workflow but means another tool,
> logins, etc.  Everything seems to have some missing focus or additional
> overhead that makes me not want to bring it up as a starting point...
> Hence the good not perfect.

Heh. Fair enough. Good, not perfect, seems workable to me.

> I found a few examples of other projects doing similar things on Github,
> e.g. Docker, Node.js Advisory Board.  Check out the labels and milestones
> on their issue page.  They have the "advantage" that this is a single,
> eponymous project and codebase so they don't need a separate section for
> 'governance'.
> https://github.com/docker/docker/issues
>
> Unless we completely abandon Github, the data would remain, the overall
> process should be tool agnostic, so I don't think we'd leave anything
> behind, but scale could always be an issue.

OK, unless anybody objects strongly (and has a better idea!) I am
totally +1 to doing it this way and seeing if it remains workable.

>> Can we send github issues to atomic-devel, I wonder, the way we send
>> Trac discussions to cloud lists fedoraproject org?
>>

> Hmm, IFTTT or Zapier?  Maybe add a stub user to the Org that watches
> issues?  Not savvy enough with issues to really know our options here.

I'll monkey with this and see what we can do.

Thanks very much for bringing this up!

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst
jzb redhat com | http://community.redhat.com/