Re: [atomic-devel] Direct LVM by default

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 09:31 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> I think 3G is enough - the relative installed components dont really
> evolve too much, apart from maybe the kernel.

The kernel vmlinuz actually goes in /boot which is 200M of storage, but
modules are in LVM.

> 8G disk is considered default/normal in most cloud vendor ecosystems,
> and then layer in cloud-utils-growpart to consume whatever disk size is
> allocatred to the instance. I wouldnt go too far away from 8G, it at all.

Right, that makes sense.  I'll switch back to 8G.  It looks like we
should
be able to configure cloud-init to point it at the
/dev/mapper/atomicos-docker-data
partition, which I suspect most people will want (instead of expanding
/).