Re: [atomic-devel] Direct LVM by default

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 12:37 PM, Dusty Mabe wrote:

> Just a personal preference here but just so the atomicos VG is completely
> contained on the new storage it would be ideal to migrate the volume
> group
> entirely (using pvmove) and then remove the old PV from the VG.

Right.  If you want to have things this way from the start, we'll need
to make it easy to opt-out of this new default, and reconfigure docker
for other storage.  Doing it in a cloud-init script would work, though I
think the long term best thing would be to have a tool for this,
"docker-lvm-admin"?

There's also the aspect that what I think a lot of people will *really*
want is to have Docker volumes be on persistent storage, and Docker
images/containers on ephemeral.  After all, you can just "docker pull"
the binaries again.  This isn't supported AFAIK by docker yet, but we'll
get there.