Re: [atomic-devel] Direct LVM by default

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 01:35 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 09:31 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> >
> > 8G disk is considered default/normal in most cloud vendor ecosystems,
> > and then layer in cloud-utils-growpart to consume whatever disk size is
> > allocatred to the instance. I wouldnt go too far away from 8G, it at all.
>
> This patch should do it.  Any other opinions?
> Email had 1 attachment:
> + 0001-Revert-back-to-8GB-disk-size-also-drop-swap-space.patch
>   4k (text/x-patch)

I went ahead and pushed this.  I also investigated
cloud-init+cloud-utils-growpart but I'm not seeing any LVM support.

What definitely works is to just create a new partition from the free
space, and make it a PV.

It's kind of annoying to script the first part though AFAICS without
parted.  We could investigate patching cloud-init directly for this?