Re: [atomic-devel] Screen in Atomic

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 09:08:37PM -0700, Stephen Major wrote:
> I wasn't saying that adding screen by itself was a huge security decision as you have pointed out in comparison; docker itself has a history.
>
> What I was pointing out was my concerns of more and more packages being added to atomic increasing the attack footprint.
>
> Today the discussion is about screen tomorrow it is about another and everyone uses the same lame comparison to the security of docker.

You're absolutely right about attack surface size. Mostly I was making a depressing joke about the existential horror at the heart of containers ATM.

Your point about "always needing another package" is well taken. At issue is that screen can be considered somewhat different than most "other package" candidates (being a meta-tool) and is---currently---fairly hard to utilize from a container (again as apposed to other nice-to-haves).

_Trevor

--
Sent from my Amiga 500.
(Trevor Jay) Red Hat Product Security