Re: [atomic-devel] atomic hosts: allow writeable /sbin/fs.d

Hi,

>> to allow mounting additional filesystems, one needs mount.<type>
>> helpers. mount looks for them (not documented, but for at least all
>> versions I tried) in /sbin/fs.d. Of course that directory is not
>> writeable on atomic hosts.

> [...]
> I showed with a previous post how one container
> can affect the host's mount namespace:
> https://lists.projectatomic.io/projectatomic-archives/atomic-devel/2015-February/msg00064.html

AFAICT, that does not solve the problem, that e.g. kubernetes gluster
(or ceph) plugin will call the host's mount(8), which will need to find
a mount.glusterfs helper script (on the host) that will call
mount.glusterfs in the container. The easiest way is to have a writeable
/sbin/fs.d that containers can install into.

Cheers,
 Tobias Florek