Re: [atomic-devel] How to handle crashes

I didn't know this was possible, would it be possible for data to be sent to an on host container such as Jeff lindsays logspout so it could be sent out to logging, metrics etc. for monitoring?

From: Colin Walters
Sent: ‎2/‎12/‎2015 7:54 AM
To: atomic-devel projectatomic io
Subject: Re: [atomic-devel] How to handle crashes

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 03:34 AM, Jakub Filak wrote:

The second idea is to put some core bits of ABRT directly to Atomic Host. My plan is to factor out ABRT's core_pattern helper (the thing we put to /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern; man 5 core) that could be installed on Atomic host and create an image shipping the rest of ABRT stack. The footprint of such a design would be barely remarkable, but implementing it would ensure availability of debugging information in all cases.

There was some work on having ABRT pick up crashes from systemd-coredump; is that still a work in progress?

Basically it would make sense to me for there to be an agent on the host to collect crashes; among other issues, an agent has to have visibility into which PID namespace/cgroup the core is coming from, and that's hard if it's already inside a container.