Re: [atomic-devel] Quorum-based voting for system upgrade

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015, at 05:53 AM, Natale Vinto wrote:

> This let containers hosts being updated silently by pushing the update
> remotely (solicitate an upgrade) and perform a reboot based some
> strategies, where the most useful is the one that let the cluster of
> hosts decide itself what system to reboot, thanks to a lock in the
> etcd distribuited key-value store, that ensure rebooting only not busy
> container hosts.

We recently landed a "daemon" mode for rpm-ostree which should
help implement higher-level logic around host updates.  I'd like
to integrate a default "timer" option soon.

That said, what I think we really want here is for Kubernetes
to be in charge of scheduling host updates.  It could
move pods *before* rebooting a host to ensure that there's
no downtime.