Re: [atomic-devel] Quorum-based voting for system upgrade

There are a couple of k8s PRs on node evacuation
https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/6080
https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/3885

So either OpenShift evacuation, or K8s evacution could free up the node, and the daemon mode that Colin mentioned could be leveraged by an external manager to perform the upgrade/reboot in a controlled manner.

One other code element is the oVirt Upgrade Manager:
http://www.ovirt.org/Home/Features/UpgradeManager

Making that ostree aware and able to talk to Atomic host's rpm-ostree daemon would enable centralized cluster-wide host management.

-subhendu